Before taking photos, it’s necessary to account for lens distortion to make sure our measurements stay relatively accurate.
Rectilinear camera lenses will provide the least amount of distortion, but the front cameras on modern cell phones have come a long way and introduce relatively little distortion.
- The most amount of distortion occurs at the edges of the photo, so make sure you are in the center of the image.
- Be at least 5-6 feet away from the camera. Make sure your photos aren’t cropped or too zoomed in so that we know there is minimal distortion.
- Do not use the selfie camera on your cell phone. It’s best to have someone else take your photo.
- Do not use any wide-angle lens or zoom lens.
To ensure you get the best possible report we just have a few simple guidelines when taking photos:
- If you have excess facial fat, wait before purchasing a report, as it can make it difficult to identify facial landmarks.
- We need to see your ears and hairline. Pull your hair back if at all possible. If you’re bald or balding, submit an extra photo of you raising your eyebrows so we can identify the tracheon facial landmark.
- If you have a beard, shave it if possible.
- Be completely relaxed and maintain a neutral facial expression.
- Stand in front of a plain background.
- Make sure there is adequate lighting and nothing blocking the view of your face.
The Magnum Workshop basic facial report requires a front and side-profile image in natural head position:
Some keys to obtaining a natural head position:
- Look into your eyes in front of a mirror, making sure your pupils are level.
- Make sure the camera is at eye level.
- You shouldn’t be able to see your other eyebrow from a side profile but you also don’t want to turn too much.
- For the frontal photo, make sure you don’t turn much to the right or left. Use your ears as a reference.
- A good rule of thumb is for the center of the photo to be at eye level.
The Advanced and Premium facial reports also require frontal and side-profile smiling pictures:
After payment, simply e-mail [email protected] with the name of your Paypal email, race/ethnicity, photos, as well as your biggest areas of concern regarding your face.